Thursday, May 3, 2012

21 Jump Street Review

Hey everyone! I finally managed to see 21 Jump Street recently and I'm excited to say that it is the very first movie in the review section of my blog!

After the Sitter came out I kinda thought Jonah Hill had maybe lost some of his comedy magic that I loved in Superbad and Get Him to the Greek. 21 Jump Street proves that I am way off on this thought. 21 Jump Street is a buddy cop comedy staring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.


The premise is that in high school Schmidt (Hill) and Jenko (Tatum) hated each other. Jenko was the stereotypical cool-guy jock and Schmidt was the stereotypical not cool nerd. Years later after college they ran into each other again in the police academy. Schmidt was good at all of the test and papers but wasn't very good in the athletic department. Jenko was the complete opposite antd after failing a test he asks if Schmidt wants to be his friend. This starts the cliche yet hilarious montage of over coming their past and becoming best friends.

Then the real story begins. The two get caught up in a drug scandel and get transferred to 21 Jump Street. An undercover unit lead by the hilarious stereotypically angry black captain, Ice Cube. Schmidt and Jenko get assigned to go undercover in a highschool to find and put an end to a new drug ring. 

Hilarity ensues when high school isn't quite like it used to be and Schmidt is considered the cool kid while Jenko is immedietly cast aside. The movie has a great cast that play off each other very well (I personally never thought that Channing Tatum could be that funny, I was very pleasently surprised) and the jokes are almost none stop. This is definetly the funniest movie I have seen so far this year and I highly suggest it to anyone looking for a good comedy.


I already can't wait to see it again. This is a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment