Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Marvel's The Avengers

I finally saw The Avengers the other day. I know it was a little late it was the earliest that I could see it.

As a huge Marvel fan and superhero fan in general Marvel's The Avengers was one of my most anticipated movies since Iron Man came out back in 2008. Was I satisfied? Read on on to find out.



Yes I was satisfied. The movie lived up to every expectation I had. Each character brought their characters personalities to the screen perfectly and I personally feel like not one character stole the spotlight more than any other. This was important to me because I know that with so many big characters some could get trapped in the shadow of another.

Every character brought humor and their own personality without stomping on another (unless literally stomping on them in some cases.) Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson, and Jeremy Renner are the Avengers, and they are perfect for the job. My personal favorite is Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. Downey is perfect for the job and brings hilarity and an incredible attitude into the character. But this time around Mark Ruffalo and the Hulk stole the show for me.

I personally am a big Edward Norton fan and loved his version of Bruce Banner and the Hulk. At times I would watch Mark Ruffalo and as soon as he finished his lines I would picture Edward Norton saying them. When thinking about it all, I do believe that Mark Ruffalo was an excellent Bruce Banner and I'm ok with the replacement.

Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson  had a lot more action then their scenes in Iron Man 2 and Thor. Hawkeye and Black Widow brought some awesome fight scenes sometimes against other Avengers which was awesome to watch as well as the fights against the bad guys.

That is another thing that I loved every fight scene in the movie was great. Hero vs. Hero, Hero vs. Bad guy, Hulk vs. everything and anything, all fights were awesome and I cant wait to watch them over and over again.

I don't want to say to much because if you haven't seen it yet then you should but the movie is awesome and anyone who enjoys superhero movies would enjoy it. I plan on seeing it again this weekend.

This is a definite Must See.
Anyone seen it yet? What did you think?

(P.S. for those of you that haven't seen it yet stick through the credits for an extra scene (or two...))

1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie. I saw it opening night before heading home. I was the only one who stuck through the entire credit sequence for the special ending and boy was I glad I did. Overall, I am not sure if it surpasses Iron Man 1 or not as overall favorite but its definitely up there, if not equal.

    Opinion time, do you think that Hulk 2003 and Hulk 2008 are sequels or are they both reboots?

    Oh, and we should definitely due the Avengers for halloween for fun.

    Oh, and turn of captcha in your blog settings. People hate captcha.

    ReplyDelete