Thursday, May 3, 2012

Catching Fire gets Director


Recently there has been a problem with the sequel to one of the biggest movies of the year, The Hunger Games. The director of the first movie in the will-be trilogy, Gary Ross, stepped out as director for the highly anticipated sequel. He stated, "I simply don't have the time I need to write and prep the movie I would have wanted to make because of the fixed and tight production schedule." The search for a replacement director has been going on the past few weeks and finally a director has been chosen.


Francis Lawrence has been selected as the replacement director. Lawrance has worked on some well taken pieces before with I am Legend but he has only directed three movies in total so far. Constantine, I am Legend, and most recently Water for Elephants. "It is truly an honor and a privilege to bring Catching Fire, the second chapter of Suzanne's beloved trilogy, to the big screen." Lawrance said in a recent interview.


As a huge fan of The Hunger Games I'm happy that the sequel has a solid director. Catching Fire was my favorite out of the three books but after seeing how amazing Ross did with the first one, there is a lot of weight on Lawrence's shoulders to make a successful follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment